ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Layers cut off when rendering at full resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamin TabarezLayers cut off when rendering at full resolution
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 3:19:56 pm

Greetings everyone, my first post here...

I've got a composition that consists of a precomp, a camera, and a background gradient.

The precomp involves a very long psd file (20,000 x 1700 pixels or so) of a chalkboard, along with some text and stroke effects to simulate writing on the chalkboard. None of the layers are 3d...which I'm wondering might have something to do with my problem???

The chalkboard precomp is then switched to a 3d layer in the main comp so that the camera can move freely around this long chalkboard and fly across the extent of it.

Here's the catch...I can render this out at half resolution and RAM preview at half resolution, but when I switch either the preview or render queue to full resolution, my long precomp is cut off at the right side. Nothing is rendered except the background layer and the camera movements. It's like any information about the precomp is trashed after about 13,000 pixels or so.

Is my precomp or psd files inside the precomp too long (wide)? Is there a limit in After Effects similar to the work area limit in Flash? Or maybe I have to adjust some settings in After Effects?

Thanks in advance for any help...this one is really frustrating me and I'm stumped :(

Return to posts index

Jamin TabarezRe: Layers cut off when rendering at full resolution
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:15:47 pm

Figured it out...the comp is just too big. After Effects says there is a limitation (I think it depends on how much RAM you have) says 30,000 x 30,000 is the max, but in my case it's about 14,000 pixels. It would be nice of Adobe to maybe display a warning/error message or something that says "Your maximum composition size is..." before you even make the comp, as to avoid finishing the entire effing project and THEN finding out... grrrrr

Thanks anyways everyone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved