ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyframe all properties shortcut?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anton Hannibalkeyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:54:12 pm

Hey!

I'm wondering if there is a shortcut to set a key for all prooprties on one layer?
I'm doing character animation and this would relay speed up the prosess.

Tanx!
:)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: keyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 4:07:40 pm

Are you sure you really mean ALL?

Do you actually want to set keyframes for Anchor Point, Position, Rotation, Scale and Opacity in one shot? We're not even talking about the keyframeable properties in any effects you happen to use.

I'd start by looking at the keyboard shortcuts in AE Help, found here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSDFCB87B3-1465-4273-B025-1359...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anton HannibalRe: keyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 2:24:41 pm

Only Anchor Point, Position, Rotation, Scale and Opacity!

:)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: keyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:34:06 pm

Okay, let me re-phrase the question: You're changing all those properties each and every time you want to make a keyframe? ALL OF THEM?

Let me guess: you're an AE rookie and you don't really know what you're doing yet.

If you're an experienced hand in the application, all I have to say is that you're making one darned complicated character animation, and I'm glad I'm not doing it.

But to answer your question directly, no -- there is no one keyboard shortcut that will make changes to all those properties at once. The reason: they don't have consistent numeric properties. Anchor point and position are x-y values, opacity runs from 0-100, and rotation goes from 0-359. Try doing all that in a keyboard shortcut.

I guess you're just going to have to do your keyframed animation like the rest of os AE folk.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Travis MillerRe: keyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:29:57 pm

A
Shift P
Shift R
Shift S
Shift T

Click the clock on top to enable the keyframes. Continue to hold your mouse button, then drag it down to the bottom clock. Voila. For the next point, do the same thing, but instead of clicking the clock.. click the diamond and drag down.

Return to posts index

Stuart ElithRe: keyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 12:13:28 am

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to achieve this through a script - there's probably a simple command that causes a keyframe to be created, so you could prepare a script that does that for each attribute, then hotkey that script so that when you do the hotkey, it runs the script and keyframes them all.

But i haven't got much scripting experience...

Return to posts index

Pat KelRe: keyframe all properties shortcut?
by on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:16:46 pm

I know this is an old thread. But I though I should add some info to help people that might come across this thread in a search as I did.

One way of doing this is with individual hotkeys.

These hotkeys add keyframes at the scrubber position on the selected layer.
Alt+Shift+T Opacity
Alt+Shift+P Position
Alt+Shift+S Scale
Alt+Shift+R Rotation

You get the idea. Just get fast at hitting all these hotkeys each time you need it.

You could make a preset with these keyframes by dragging and dropping into the "effects & presets" window. Downside: Position presets take the x, y and z values of the original object and applies it to the target object. Meaning it will move the target object somewhere else. I haven't had a chance to adjust the code of the preset yet. I'm sure this can be fixed.

-!PAT!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]