ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MacPro RAM Upgrades from

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian DeViteriMacPro RAM Upgrades from
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:56:49 am

Has anyone made a purchase of RAM from before? Does anyone have experience with them?

I'm looking at getting RAM upgrades and their pricing seems pretty good. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Robert MayfieldRe: MacPro RAM Upgrades from
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:43:46 pm

I've bought lots of stuff from Other World Computing a.k.a. mac sales, including the RAM that is in this computer. All in all I have had a great experience with them and when I did have an issue with a previous order, they were able to quickly take care of it.

Return to posts index

Shaun CammackRe: MacPro RAM Upgrades from
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 9:00:43 pm

Yes, I have used (aka Other World Computing) for years. They have always been super reliable, responsive and great prices (depending on what you are buying). I use them exclusively for RAM and some hard drive purchases.

They have a limited lifetime warranty on their RAM and having had to send some back (2 sticks from the same batch) I can attest to this warranty. That was the only time I have had to send anything back. All my other RAM and processor upgrade purchases (in the G4 days) have gone entirely without a hitch.

I highly recommend them and, no, I do not work for them!

Return to posts index

Michael PerryRe: MacPro RAM Upgrades from
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 9:47:49 pm

Well, unlike Shaun, I do work for Other World Computing ( but on a personal level, I've been conducting the testing and using our memory personally for the last several years and really wouldn't associate my name with a product I couldn't personally endorse.

OWC memory upgrades are available from 16MB up to 32GB for nearly every current and past Apple notebook and desktop computer manufactured during the past twenty years, including Mac Pro Xeon, iMac, PowerMac, Xserve, iBook, and PowerBook computers. By maintaining an active state-of-the-art test lab, OWC can ensure its memory upgrades offer the highest product quality and reliability and backs them with a Lifetime Advance Replacement Warranty and Money Back Guarantee.

Our independent memory benchmarks testing on a wide variety of Mac computers consistently demonstrates having more memory provides higher real-world performance. OWC memory performance gains are even more apparent when using memory intensive applications, such as audio/video, photo, 3D modeling, gaming and other applications, where OWC memory upgrades offer the best performance for the investment.

The full OWC Memory line, as well as a compatibility guide which directs customers to the correct upgrades for each specific Apple model, can be found online at:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved