ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

export using Blackmagic 10 bit yuv

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Hutchinsexport using Blackmagic 10 bit yuv
by on Aug 22, 2009 at 11:40:18 pm

I posted this in the Final Cut forum, but maybe someone here has some insight.

I'm trying to finish up an After Effects project and I'm having a slight output issue with Final Cut.

I'm exporting my project from After Effects encoded using the Blackmagic 10 bit yuv codec. Everything looks great, no chroma or luminance shifts. I import to Final Cut to join the pieces of the project and lay down the final audio mix.

The issue I'm having is when I go to export from Final Cut using current settings, the exported clip uses Apple 10 bit instead of Blackmagic 10 bit and I'm getting a slight luma and chroma shift in the new clip. The really weird thing is if I set in and out points in the middle of the sequence to be exported, the clip it exports uses the Blackmagic 10 bit codec and there is no longer any shifting.

When I go to try and force Final Cut to use the Blackmagic 10 bit codec using a custom setting, most of the Blackmagic codecs that were available in After Effects are no longer there, leaving me with only "Blackmagic 8 bit (2vuy) and Blackmagic 10 bit RGB, both of which introduce chroma and luma shifts.

This thread from a few years ago addresses some of this issue, but there isn't an answer given to the last question, which is where I am at.

Thanks in advance for your time.

OSX 10.5.6
AE CS4, Nuke 5.1.3
FC Studio 2
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 6 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved