ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Selecting only layer attributes with keys to show beneath multiple layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Buss
Selecting only layer attributes with keys to show beneath multiple layers?
on Aug 22, 2009 at 6:25:25 am

I'm working with some projects that have 50+ layers, and I'm wanting to scale back the keyframes to shorten (or lengthen) the end or beginning keys only to adjust the length of the rendered clip. I could do this in FCP by adjusting the speed, but then the motion blur won't be as pronounced as I intended, and I only have the ReVision optical flow moblur plugin for Shake so I prefer to just adjust things in AE to shorten the workflow and get better quality. The problem is, with so many layers, it becomes cumbersome to open all of the transform, effects, and camera options that I have keyed under each layer, in terms of vertically click-dragging down (I have dual 24s, but they're ACDs so they're aligned horizontally). Is there a way to open just the attributes that have keys for each layer (like when you press "p" to only open the position attribute)?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Selecting only layer attributes with keys to show beneath multiple layers?
on Aug 22, 2009 at 7:52:43 am

Press 'u' to reveal keyframed properties. Or 'uu' to reveal any properties that have been changed from their defaults (that's 'u' twice quickly).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Brad Buss
on Aug 22, 2009 at 8:02:04 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 22, 2009 at 4:31:23 pm

All of these shortcuts are listed here:
"Shortcuts: showing properties and groups in the Timeline panel"

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]