ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition Markers -> Separate Render Queue Jobs?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WalkerComposition Markers -> Separate Render Queue Jobs?
by on Aug 21, 2009 at 1:23:45 am

Is there a way I am overlooking of marking a composition, then dumping each marked chuck into a separate render queue job item?

I am creating a 50 min presentation, with left and right separate, synced feeds, which needs to be delivered divided into many (non-uniform length) segments via instruction of the projector people. Frame accurate to preserve sync of left and right. The thought of manually copying and pasting timecode out of an excel doc on little sleep for 80+ segments makes me ill....and can't nest comps in case show run changes- would royally muck everything up.

Using markers that I could see and adjust to structure render in/outs would be heaven. (or less hell...)

Any ideas? Was hoping there would be a script out there someone may have seen, or someone would know some After Effects <> Premiere trick (I use FCP but have Premiere handy)

Thanks all- been a looong week, (and tonight is the second all-nighter).

-------------------
Robert A Walker III
GMR Marketing LLC

Return to posts index

Robert WalkerRe: Composition Markers -> Separate Render Queue Jobs?
by on Aug 21, 2009 at 4:31:02 am

In my rush I missed something- being able to see the composition markers of a nested comp does help quite a bit for this sort of problem- funny you have to refresh them manually though. This method still means manually resizing the work area for each section and adding to queue which could introduce user error, but no timecode tracking required- will do this for final 80+ segments if no other solution found by mid Friday.

Only 6 hours of night left!

-------------------
Robert A Walker III
GMR Marketing LLC

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Composition Markers -> Separate Render Queue Jobs?
by on Aug 21, 2009 at 6:42:25 am

If I understand your situation correctly, here's how I'd go about it.

Start with your main composition nested into a container composition, so that your main composition is one precomposition layer.

Mark the layer with layer markers.

Then use this script to split the layer into separate layers at the markers:
http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=30

and then use this script to render and export each layer:
http://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_RenderLayers

Return to posts index

by on Aug 21, 2009 at 11:56:25 pm

Ah this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much. Hopefully it all works out as well as my sleep deprived head thinks it will ;)

-------------------
Robert A Walker III
GMR Marketing LLC

Return to posts index

by on Aug 22, 2009 at 10:44:14 pm

Worked great! Really makes me want to look into scripting. Thanks for the tips, most appreciated.

-------------------
Robert A Walker III
GMR Marketing LLC

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Composition Markers -> Separate Render Queue Jobs?
by on Aug 22, 2009 at 11:57:05 pm

I try to keep the After Effects Help document up to date with links to fundamentally useful scripts like these. It can't hurt to search and browse around in After Effects Help when you're looking for utility scripts. And I always want to hear about new utility scripts with broad usefulness.

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]