ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shooting a TV for composite

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Melchiorre Jr.
Shooting a TV for composite
on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:08:01 am

what would be the best way to shoot a tv in order to put footage on it in post. My main concern is keeping the reflections of the surrounding action on the screen..
thanks for your help..
mark

Return to posts index

scott novasic
Re: Shooting a TV for composite
on Aug 20, 2009 at 8:31:38 am

theres a couple things I may do to achieve this. Shoot the tv with a black screen and all the reflections should show up as 'clear' as they are going to be. Then overlay that black screen in AE with the add or screen composite mode. You can use your levels adjustments to tweak the reflection. Personally, depending on exactly what you are doing, I like to do my own 3d reflections and use them as an overlay.
That may not work depending on what you are doing.

good luck...

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Barend Onneweer
on Aug 20, 2009 at 7:20:27 pm

Like Scott says: if you shoot the TV without picture on it you get the reflection. Then composite your picture in using "Screen" blend mode and tweak to taste.

If your camera is moving you may want to make sure you've got something to track. 4 small dots in the corners of the screen will do.

Barend

Raamw3rk - digital storytelling and visual effects

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Aug 21, 2009 at 11:27:44 am

[Barend Onneweer] "If your camera is moving you may want to make sure you've got something to track. 4 small dots in the corners of the screen will do."

If you've got Mocha then you might not even need the tracking markers. If you do use markers make sure they're going to be simple to remove, especially if you're using a blend mode to keep the reflections.

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]