ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

HD export in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luca de salviaHD export in After Effects
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 4:58:05 pm

I have been asked to put together a movie for a conference, I am using mostly stock footage and I am editing it in After Effects.

They have asked me to deliver a video (Just under 2 mins) in full HD 1920x1080 25 fps uncompressed quicktime format.

I have set a new project with these parameters and:
1 My computer (with 12 GB of ram) will not render and it freezes after rendering 5 sces of footage.
2 Provided that it did render I cannot seem to find an HD export option anywhere in AE ( I am running on version CS3)

Any ideas? It's been driving me mad!

Return to posts index

cow
Adolfo RozenfeldRe: HD export in After Effects
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 5:17:19 pm

You don't need a specific HD export option.
Renders from the Render Queue automatically honor Composition settings like frame size, frame rate and pixel aspect ratio.
Provided your Comp is 1920x1080 at 25 fps, just add it to the Render Queue (Composition > Add to Render Queue, or just drag the Comp icon from Project panel to the RQ).
If you're on a Mac, the default lossless setting specify Quicktime format with the Animation (lossless) codec. You could change it to the the Uncompressed codec in the format options inside the Output Module. If you're on Windows, you'd have to change the format to Quicktime and pick Animation or Uncompressed as the codec.

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

Luca de salviaRe: HD export in After Effects
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:24:46 pm

Thanks Adolfo,

Would you have any idea on what the optimal system requirements would be for a full HD project, my mac is totally unable to render and I have 12 GB of ram. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I should play with the Ram allocation unde the preferences settings? I am running on CS3 for mac.

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: HD export in After Effects
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:38:51 pm

If you have an octo-core Mac Pro, and you have "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" turned on, then 12 GB is not enough to feed all cores. You need at least 2 GB per core. What you can do is turn off "Render Multiple..." and see if it goes through. In CS4, you can set a number of cores to be left aside, so AE doesn't launch rendering instances for them in case you don't have enough RAM for all cores. In CS3, this can only be done by changing a setting in the After Effects, as explained in this document:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402403

Set it to 4 and see if it goes through (again, I am assuming you have "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" turned on).

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

Luca de salviaRe: HD export in After Effects
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 9:21:13 pm

Thanks so much Adolfo,

I really hopo I can fix this. Maybe I should connect some hard dives to the computer, it's a bit of a nightmare.

By the way I checked out you work on YouTube, really nice!

Best

Luca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]