ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Camera training?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
AE Camera training?
on Aug 19, 2009 at 3:40:07 pm

Hey Guys,

I would call myself an experienced AE user, I occasionally use cameras in After Effects...but would love some training on better uses and just a deeper explanation on how they work. I'd prefer to go to a class...I find online training difficult to focus on.

Any ideas?

-Jason

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: AE Camera training?
on Aug 19, 2009 at 9:58:00 pm

To use AE's cameras well you must first understand photography or movie camera operation.
If that expertise is safely presumed, I believe the best camera training in AE is with Trish and Chris Meyer's many books. the Adobe CIB series is also superb. What I did was find one 3D exercise I liked and then I started applying everything I could find in all of the camera options and menus including zooming, depth of field, orientation, changing anchor point positioning, and, the most valuable lesson, learning to create "camera rigs" to which a camera could be parented.

I admire your desire to pay for and travel to training but I think you can do just as well or better with a good AE book.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Aug 21, 2009 at 12:11:23 am

What is Adobe CIB?

I've read some of a Chris and Trish Meyer book for AE 6.5 Very helpful...I just have a hard time staying focused on reading.

I'm actually a DP who has to shoot/edit/composite/motion graphics/transcoding/DVD authoring...etc! :)

So I have a very good grasp of dof...focal lengths. Although my background is only video, not film so that's a bit of a challenge as well.

I'd pay for some AE camera training if anyone reading this wants to create a curriculum! :)

-Jason

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Aug 21, 2009 at 2:26:51 pm

[Jason Brown] "I just have a hard time staying focused on reading.
"

Ritalin, Wellbutrin.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]