ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Temporary files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ninja TunbjerTemporary files
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 2:56:49 pm

Sorry for posting this question here, but don't know really where i should put it.
I make films from in hd quality and use after effects and my computer fills up quickly. If i defragment (or whatever it is called in english) and remove all the temporary files will that in anyway destroy my filmwork or is it safe to do that? Those temporary files are 75 gig so there must be a lot of information in there!?
Thanks so much for any help!

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Temporary files
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 8:44:17 am

I dont want to be responsible for 'destroying' your files. But im pretty sure those temp files are things ae
stores to aid in rendering speed and referencing \ saving info on comps pre comps etc. I think the equivalent to what you are doing is similar to a "purge all" selection within ae itself. That deletes all the "saved files" that help ae move snappier for you as you work, but can build up to sizes that bring your performance to a crawl.... Thats why there is the option to Purge all \ the cache. Im no engineer though, but I think your work is fine if you delete those files. Unless your project is massively complicated, simply make sure all the files in your bin exist in your projects folder.

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

Ninja TunbjerRe: Temporary files
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 8:19:15 am

Thanks so much Scott! I think that's probably right!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved