ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How ro move clip without keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Göran ThorénHow ro move clip without keyframes?
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:30:25 pm

Hi all.

I have tried to find out how to move a clip wthout moving the keyframes with it.

Anyone know?

Thank´s

Göran

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: How ro move clip without keyframes?
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 3:36:11 pm

From After Effects Help, Move a layer duration bar but not its keyframes

1. Make a note of the time at which the first keyframe appears.
2. In the layer outline, click the name of one or more layer properties containing the keyframes you want to keep at the same times.
3. Choose Edit > Cut.
4. Move or stretch the layer duration bar to its new In and Out points.
5. Move the current-time indicator to the time at which the first keyframe appeared before you cut the keyframes.
6. Choose Edit > Paste.

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How ro move clip without keyframes?
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 3:47:20 pm

You can move a layer with its keyframes and then move the keyframes back (without moving the layer) to where they were.

This is described in "Move a layer bar duration bar but not its keyframes".

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Göran ThorénRe: How ro move clip without keyframes?
by on Mar 7, 2013 at 2:41:56 pm

I second that but in a nicer manner.

Return to posts index

Jhem MurrayRe: How ro move clip without keyframes?
by on Mar 7, 2013 at 2:49:15 pm

why a nicer manner? this response is absolutely ludicrous and deserves a harsh response...If you haven't got a solution, best to just sit and shut up, instead of offering the lamest, most useless information I have ever heard that pretty much describes what the question was trying to avoid...

What we are looking for is like a ripple edit? or what is that tool called in Premiere where you slide the video but its in and out points remain in the same place.

Return to posts index

Göran ThorénRe: How ro move clip without keyframes?
by on Mar 7, 2013 at 3:03:47 pm

I totally agree with you but I prefer to express myself in a nice manner, just my personality. :)
The best way to achieve what I originally asked for is to use the shortcut "Y" to slide the clip without affecting the keyframe position.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]