ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

the sun....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
April Hendersonthe sun....
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:04:23 am

I was just wondering....what would be the best effect for creating a a small sun in a 3d scene. Like what effect would best mimic the sun's rays burst through the clouds..etc

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: the sun....
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 1:06:29 am

Do you mean like a lens flare? If so allow me to suggest Knoll's plug-in. It is amazing. You can even have your cloud layer (or text or whatever) block out the light when it goes across it. Very useful.

If you just want the beams of light there's always Trapcode's Shine. There's an example of sunbeams on that page.
Alternatively (and more difficultly) some sort of radial blur color-corrected and set to add or screen.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

April HendersonRe: the sun....
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 1:39:02 am

Thanks for the tippers. I simply had a little 3d country scene with a street, trees, houses, clouds, mountains and was just looking for something that might capture the beauty of a sunrise allow me to show some bursting rays of sunlight appear off the horizon and then through the trees to be more and cast its glory on to this seen.

I tried shine but didn't seem to do what I wanted. Maybe settings were so great. I'll play a little more. thanks..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved