ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RAM preview freezing / audio problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rikard lasseniusRAM preview freezing / audio problem
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 5:15:40 pm

having a new problem with ae today.

when RAM previewing a 3D composition the RAM preview freezes after awhile (WOD). looked like crazy for solutions and found out in the end that without audio, everything works fine. and setting audio to internal speakers (from system preferences and ae itself) seems to solve the problem. but the strange thing is that it worked yesterday.

been upgrading my gear lately and fiddling around with settings here and there, i guess. this is what it looks like right now
– have an Focusrite Saffire LE firewire audio interface that i used to use, tried route the audio thru it, but RAM preview freezes
– have a new RME HDSP AIO PCExpress card that worked like a charm yesterday. still does with Logic and itunes etc
– got a Lavry Blue AD converter that is on when recording stuff in Logic (but thought i mention it, since i've been reading a lot about clock issues regarding digital audio gear)
– and installed a new Wacom tablet today. but removing that one didn't solve anything.

been trying to solve this thing going thru all different audio preference panels and settings but can't figure it out. allready had it working for a while by configuring the properties for ae 9.0.2 in the audio midi setup utility to the RME card. but when opening up ae later i got the same problem. and says "output is not supported" in there.

any ideas?

i'm running a 2 x 2.66 macpro with 5gigs of ram, OS 10.5.8
and AE 9.0.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved