ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AfterEffects CS4 - Sound sync issues with RAM preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich KarbowiakAfterEffects CS4 - Sound sync issues with RAM preview
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 3:58:21 pm

Here is an issue I've been dealing with. I am working on a 1440x1080 @ 29.97 FPS comp with 6 layers. I am trying to align the footage to the music and when I RAM preview with sound the sound is off ( the machine indicates RAM prev is playing in real time @ 29.97 fps ) What I mean by sound being off is that the cursor going over the waveform in the sound layer is 50% slower than it should be however when I preview the sound only it tracks just fine. to specify it little further, when I aligned the footage to sound according to how it played in ram preview when rendered the sound was off synch by about half ( the pictured played twice as fast)- and I am 100% sure its not a codec issue. It just makes really hard to edit the vid and achieve the desired effects.

Here are my pc specs:
Q8200 ( quad core @ 2.33 Ghz)
8GB of ram
64 bit OS ( Windows 7 Ultimate)
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I also would appreciate any suggestions to the AF memory configurations.

Thank you

Sincerely;

Rich K.

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: AfterEffects CS4 - Sound sync issues with RAM preview
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 6:37:29 pm

There probably is an audio sample rate mismatch with your audio hardware. Check your audio settings in the audio card's control panel.

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

Rich KarbowiakRe: AfterEffects CS4 - Sound sync issues with RAM preview
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:19:50 pm

but why would it only have the problem during RAM preview w/sound and not when doing sound preview only?

Rich

Thank you

Sincerely;

Rich K.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:49:38 pm

Rich: I am not sure why this could happen. I do know that audio only previews are played back in real time, on the fly, whereas audio in RAM previews is rendered when building the preview. So in one of the cases, audio sampling rate may be an issue.

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 8:08:52 pm

Adolfo, I've double checked everything and all seems to be in order. I am going to reinstall AF and see if that fixes the issue. For now I am working on another workstation and everything seems to be working just fine.

Either way, I really appreciate your help with this and the lightning fast response! It really means a lot.

BTW what AF settings would you recommenced to maximize the performance?

Thank you

Sincerely;

Rich K.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 8:55:00 pm

Rich, I've written many times recently about that.
You can check the list of messages I replied to, but bottom line is: if you have at least 2 GB of RAM per core on your machine (for example, at least 8 GB of RAM for a quad core CPU), you can enable "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" in Preferences > Memory and multiprocessing, and leave everything at default values. Some exceptions are when you don't have enough RAM, have unusually large comp sizes or sources, or want to keep some resources for other tasks.

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 9:00:25 pm

Great!
Once again, thank you very much for you help! I appreciate it greatly!

Thank you

Sincerely;

Rich K.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]