ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Special Effects Shoot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian WilkinsonSpecial Effects Shoot
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 2:35:12 pm

How do you think they shot this? I think parts might be green screen but I'm not sure it was necessary to do a complete green shoot to achieve these effects.

Note reflection on the floor early on, the light casting on the actors face and reflection on the screen.

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Special Effects Shoot
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 3:52:48 pm

Watched it a couple of times now. Looks like a simple track matte to me, they just replaced the contents of the screen with the animation. I don't sense the rest of the environment was created, just looks like a studio set to me.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Special Effects Shoot
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 5:05:05 pm

I doubt very much that it was done this way (or any differently than David described) so this just something to consider ... it could have been shot just as we see it (with no animation or compositing).

Return to posts index

Brian WilkinsonRe: Special Effects Shoot
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 6:20:31 pm

Thank you both for having a look. I suspected that might be the case but wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked something.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Special Effects Shoot
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:38:06 am

Ick. I like the concept of the commercial, but ewwwww. I don't like staring at the back of some actor's head. When it cut to the close-up of the screen I'd like to have had his head gone from the shot. They could cut wider for him to change it and cut back or something.
I dunno, it just seemed weird. Maybe it's just me.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved