ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Help needed please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duncan ArmstrongHelp needed please
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 4:49:27 pm

Hello im totally new to premiere and after effects, while editing in prem cs4 used keying and removed the background, i then saved the project loaded it into after effects cs4 and all the blue screen had returned. something im doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Help needed please
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 5:42:45 pm

When you import a Premiere Pro project into After Effects, After Effects tries to convert as much as possible, but not everything comes across with high fidelity. Under the hood, the feature to import a Premiere Pro project uses the same conversions as when you copy and paste from Premiere Pro to After Effects.

There are tables here that show what is converted and what isn't. If you used a keying effect in Premiere Pro, the problem may be that the same effect doesn't exist in After Effects. (You should probably just be doing your keying in After Effects, anyway. But I'm an After Effects guy, so of course I'm going to say that.)

There are many ways to transfer things from After Effects to Premiere Pro, and vice versa, and importing a Premiere Pro project isn't always (or often) the best one for the job. Have you tried Dynamic Link?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web

Return to posts index

Duncan ArmstrongRe: Help needed please
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:30:51 pm

Thnx for that i did try dynamic link but it said it was in use so nothing happened, i have just moved onto cs4 from Ulead mediastudio pro so as you can imagine its like learning most things from scratch again thankyou

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved