ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Crumpled Paper Transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael LansdellCrumpled Paper Transition
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 9:19:42 am

I want to have a transition between two shots where the first shot is screwed up into a paper ball (or similar, I'm not too fussy!) as the transition to the next shot. Any ideas? I've googled for tutorials/plugins but not had too much success yet. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Michael Lansdell

Online Editor,
Available Light Productions Ltd

My system:

2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
512MB ATI Radeon X1900 XT
OS X 10.4.11
Final Cut Pro 6.0.4
Blackmagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme (6.6.2)

Return to posts index

Daniel d'AvoineRe: Crumpled Paper Transition
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:24:26 am

I tried doing this not to much success.
There are some good tutorials one for cinema 4D if you have that program which would work well, can't find the tutorial but there is one out there, also a good supplement for that effect could be the tearing paper effect thats on have a look at that one, in the style of the intro the The Orphanage.

Return to posts index

Daniel d'AvoineRe: Crumpled Paper Transition
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:39:05 am

heres the link to the place where i found the C4D tut.

Return to posts index

Alan ParmaRe: Crumpled Paper Transition
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 9:22:54 am

off the top of my head, i would shoot paper crumpling stop-motion style with a digital camera. stitch the footage into an image sequence or just sequence the frames in an AE comp. i would then use that footage as a displacement map to distort the footage (displacement map effect), also use its alpha channel and scale the layer down as the paper crumples. it's not elegant nor as impressive as modeling a 3D paper crumple, but if the transition is fast enough, it might be effective. hope it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved