ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Unpixelated image gets pixelated when I import

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike McCutchenUnpixelated image gets pixelated when I import
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:36:06 pm

I have a file that plays beautifully in Quicktime, but when I import that exact same file into AE, it gets that dreaded staircase effect on the diagonals. I'm just confused as to where this is coming from, because it's set at full resolution. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Unpixelated image gets pixelated when I import
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 11:47:47 pm

If the footage isn't square pixel aspect ratio, then in your preview window it'll probably be compensating for it and stretching it out for the preview. There is a little button at the bottom of your comp window that you can toggle on or off. Try that and see if it looks better. IF it looks fine, but squashed, that's okay. It'll look fine when you render it out.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

william legarretaRe: Unpixelated image gets pixelated when I import
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 1:37:12 am

I'm curious if this image you're importing was created or edited in photoshop or Illustrator . . . I know this sounds odd but when I import hi res photos I've had to make edits too prior to importing in AE- Ive gotten that issue It goes away after i make adjustment to my file in the program I created it in. OR You've probably checked this but be sure to check your not over scaling the image in AE over 100% . . .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved