ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Colour is dim when rendered

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike jonesColour is dim when rendered
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 7:26:32 pm

I'm stumped, when I'm rendering my project, the white comes out quite dim. I've been unable to fix it by using different colour mode profiles.

Anyone know why this is occurring? My work space preview is correct (100% white).

Regards,

Mike.

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: Colour is dim when rendered
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:25:48 pm

To what Codec are you rendering ?
Where do you watch it. (eg. is it dim in Quicktime player, but maybe not when you import it back into After Effects)

Return to posts index

mike jonesRe: Colour is dim when rendered
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 11:35:59 pm

I've tried VLC, quicktime & windows media player classic.

I've just used quicktime using 'png's' and it's fine. Whys is the h264 changing the colours?

Return to posts index

mike jonesRe: Colour is dim when rendered
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:18:01 am

after much time fussing about i partially found out the problem:

When using VLC, it does a YUV >RGB conversion, i've done a bit of research into this but not too much, anyway this is on by default and when you turn it off - it is then correctly shown in the right contrast.

as for quicktime, there must be some kind of hardware/software conflict because when using hardware accleration (directdraw etc) it shows in *green*, as in the whole thing is green - this flashes on and off. When i disabled hardware accleration, the green goes away but it is *very* stuttery (but correct contrast). I've tried repairing quicktime and downloading the latest but no success.

when hardware accleration on with quicktime and i shrink the window down - it seems to jump from the start frame to the middle frame (very quick flicker).

Anyway, what didn't help was that I had installed a codec pack and from there i was unable to easily turn off the yuv to rgb conversion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]