ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quick little & easy question for you

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike jonesQuick little & easy question for you
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 4:42:21 pm

I've got a standard composition (1024x768) that is going to be used on a laptop for video.

I've placed a 2d-image (I've tried bmp & png) and imported it into the scene, however it looks blurry.

I've attached a screen shot where I've cut out the after effects version and compared it to the original image. As you can see below, the red outline is where the after effects image is and you can see the text blurred.

This happens both in the preview & when rendered. I'm using the h264 encoder but it shouldn't be blurry in the preview workspace anyway.
I've also set the render quality to be 100% (Not draft) and I've also made sure it's:
render every 1 pixel(s) horizontally.
render every 1 pixel(s) vertically.

The pixels are set to 'square' in the composition dialogue.

I haven't scaled the image either (direct drag and drop import from the file project manager on the left hand side)

This is a real show-stopper so I'd love it if anyone could help.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

mike jonesRe: Quick little & easy question for you
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 5:10:29 pm

I worked it out.

Strangely, whilst right clicking the image in the workspace and going to > Quality > Draft, it then becomes 100% crisp.

I suppose this happens because it's anti-aliasing it, as if it was some vector sphere.

Anyway, tag time:
blurry image, blurry photo, blury image, blury photo, after effects blury photo, after effects blury image, after effects burry photo, after effects burry image, crisp image, crisp photo, after effects

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: Quick little & easy question for you
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 7:16:30 pm

Check the anchorpoint and position properties.

The screenshots perhaps have an uneven amount of pixels, so the anchorpoint falls inbetween 2 pixels.
If the position is then placed exactly ON a pixel, the entire image needs to be anti-aliased because after effects is sub-pixel accurate.

So you either change the anchorpoint to a whole number or add .5 to the position

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved