ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy TruffaPresets
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 5:01:33 am

Can presets for and older version of after effects be used in Cs3? I put a preset that I downloaded from here and put it in the preset folder but it did not appear in the application.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Presets
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 6:26:18 am

> Can presets for and older version of after effects be used in Cs3?

In general, yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Randy TruffaRe: Presets
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 4:33:13 pm

Do you have any idea what im doing wrong?

-Randy

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:45:06 pm

> Do you have any idea what im doing wrong?

It's hard to know, since I can't see what you're seeing. If you tell us exactly what you're doing, and exactly what you're trying to verify that the animation preset is or isn't installed, maybe someone can help.

Return to posts index

Randy TruffaRe: Presets
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 11:52:28 pm

Well I downloaded a preset off here for the light saber effect. I put it in the folder, "presets" using finder(mac) not the application, then when i open after effects, the preset i added is not there.

-Randy

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2009 at 12:21:34 am

I'm sorry, but you're still not providing enough detail to solve your problem. What do you mean by "is not there"?

Did you search for the animation preset by typing its name in the Effects & Presets panel? Did you try to apply the animation preset using the Animation > Apply Animation Preset command and were unable to navigate from there to where you thought you installed the animation preset? What, exactly, is the path to the folder in which you put the animation preset?

Screenshots help. Detailed descriptions about exactly what you are doing help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]