ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Removing a logo print from a t-shirt

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas IskingRemoving a logo print from a t-shirt
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 11:28:34 am

Hi all,

I need to remove a logo print from a t-shirt of a guy that I've filmed.
The problem is, that there is a shadow of his head which is constantly moving over the logo.
I've tried several things in After Effects, but either it took way too long (the video is shot with 50 fps) or the result was not satisfying.
Does anyone have an idea how I could handle this?
Any comment would be helpful!

Thanks a lot,

Return to posts index

Mike ParkRe: Removing a logo print from a t-shirt
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:13:51 pm

My initial reaction is reshoot it with a plain tshirt. Any thing else will take 10 times as long and wont look as good. I am assuming you are trying to remove the print and make it look like a plain tshirt, kinda like using the patch tool in photoshop. If you simply want to make it unreadable, you can motion track the shirt and apply a small blur layer to the print.

Return to posts index

Andreas IskingRe: Removing a logo print from a t-shirt
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 1:14:23 pm

Hi Mike,

thanks for your answer!
Reshooting unfortunately isn't possible so I might check if it's ok if I just add that blur layer you mentioned. It really is a hassle to try to make it look like a plain t-shirt...

Cheers Andreas

Return to posts index

DION HAWLEYRe: Removing a logo print from a t-shirt
by on Jul 4, 2010 at 7:35:01 pm

I actually do this on a normal basis at work. Here are a few options.

1. Bring in the clips and duplicate the layers in a new composition and stack them on one another so that one is on top of the other.

2. find a part of the clip where you can draw a mask around a good portion of the shirt that is clean with no logo

3. freeze frame that clip, and place it as the top layer, Freeze Frame it by using the time stretch tool.

4. double click on your mask and center the anchor point.

5. Then go back to your composition and move your mask over with the clean shirt sample and scale it up to cover the logo with some safety area to move your mask during keyframing without seeing the logo

6. Now you can either keyframe the mask to cover the logo or take it a step further by

7. creating a null object and place it on the top layer

8. go to your bottom layer clip and track the motion of the logo

9. apply the tracking to the null object

10. line up your play head where you did the freeze frame and placed your mask over your logo

11. parent the freeze framed mask layer to the null object with the tracking data and scrub through and adjust where necessary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved