ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Track Motion in gaming?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike HeatleyTrack Motion in gaming?
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 10:34:56 am

I was just wondering if it's possible to use track motion in games. What I am trying to create is some kind of effect to a moving character. I've done that with Chroma Key/Color, so I know how that works. The problem is that I can't set that scene up with Chroma, because I'm capturing live action, like fighting against other players. And when fighting against others, I just can't set up green screens on background.
Here's an example that I found:

Is it possible to edit off that background some how? In this case without chroma, because that background isn't 1-coloured. Maybe with that track motion and null object? Please solve my problem :)
Hope you guys got the point that I tried to describe. I'm also willing to receive guides, how to do that. Thanks

Return to posts index

Stuart ElithRe: Track Motion in gaming?
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:00:42 am

You could have a very hard time with this. Fully removing a background can be very difficult.

One advantage you may have here is that there is no noise in gaming, so you might look into Difference Matte where you basically remove everything that stays the same throughout the video. But if your background is moving, this won't really work.

Return to posts index

Mike HeatleyRe: Track Motion in gaming?
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 10:05:49 am

Okay. Is there still any ways to make it follow the lines of my character? Or does track motion just messes up doing that in a game like that?

Return to posts index

James ReadRe: Track Motion in gaming?
by on Aug 15, 2009 at 1:30:24 pm

looks like a rotoscope job.. lol

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved