ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Wedding Rings Animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lamont BighamWedding Rings Animation
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 10:26:37 pm

Does anyone know how to animate two wedding rings. The animation can be really anything. Example, two rings connecting together. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike ParkRe: Wedding Rings Animation
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:16:58 pm

Can you be a little more specific as to what you are looking for?

Return to posts index

Lamont BighamRe: Wedding Rings Animation
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 5:15:22 pm

Yes, I apologize for not being clear. I have a logo that consist of two wedding rings inside each other and I would like to do some type of animation to put on a website and other video projects. I was thinking of something like two rings floating together and somehow being connected. I hope I'm making sense. I'm open for other possible effects to accomplish. Also, if there are any projects that you know of that have done this already; that I can purchase or download would even be better. Thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2009 at 6:07:43 pm

We might be able to work something out. Can you post a pic of your logo so I can see what you are talking about?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2009 at 6:59:22 pm

Here you go, and thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 14, 2009 at 4:38:25 am

After looking at your logo, it seemed like it needed to be actual 3d. I did a quick model in 3d Max with global illumination and reflections and true 3d motion blur and composited in After Effects. What do you think. There is a higher rez pic to show the detail of the 3d model. If we work something out, I will render it out in high rez - whatever you need and output flicker free GI.

209_ringwatermarkeddesktop.m4v.zip

210_largering0000000.jpg.zip

Mike

Return to posts index

by on Aug 14, 2009 at 3:26:35 pm

How much are you looking for?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 14, 2009 at 5:37:36 pm

That depends on what you want or need. If you like the animation as is, and just need it rendered out at a larger size, that is one thing. If you want to change some stuff and this starts getting into a bunch of hours going back and forth, that is another. I assume you are a 501C(3) non-profit church. Tell me what exactly you need, size and duration and tell me what you think is fair compensation, and I will probably go for it.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 14, 2009 at 7:08:04 pm

I like what you have done thus far. Yes, this is for a 501 C(3) church and I'm actually doing their website for them free of charge. But I definitely understand that your time is billable. I don't know what your cost per hour is and how much something like this would normally run. I've done websites for years but never have worked on my 3d/effects skills. I can tell you that as others need work done I can definitely send them your way for assisting. If you give me a price, I can present this to them and see if they are willing to purchase and if not; I'll probably just come out of pocket. I would hate for your time to go unpaid. Thanks for everything!

Return to posts index

by on Aug 14, 2009 at 7:57:16 pm

Lamont,

I have about 3 hours invested in the modeling, rendering, and compositing thus far. Depending on the size you need, I anticipate another half hour to set up the flicker free gi and do a larger, final composite. All told, probably 4 hours without any major changes or tweaks. Since it is for a church, I would bill $50 an hour or $200. Obviously, if anything major needs to be revised, we will have to discuss that. If this works for you, let me know what size you need. Also, did you want the purple text to be a little more 3d to match the animation?

Mike

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:51:12 pm

Lamont,

Any decision on moving forward?

Mike

Return to posts index

by on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:10:31 am

Hey Lamont,

Never heard back from you. Do you still want the animation? I have it already rendered in HD format with Global Illumination. I am sure we can work something out.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]