ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need creative guidance, want to make my wife's stomach see-thru

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
turner hallNeed creative guidance, want to make my wife's stomach see-thru
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 9:05:20 pm

Hello Creative Cow.

I'm pretty new here and I am amazed at how helpful you have been as a resource.

My wife is pregnant with our second child and we recently got an ultrasound done. I have the video footage and am currently working in AE to make my wife's stomach transparent, revealing our baby girl inside. Here's what happens in the footage of my wife, she raises her shirt (mask expands follows her shirt revealing the masked ultrasound footage). The ultrasound footage is the child of a null object linked to the motion tracking data of my wife's movement.

All is well and good, but it needs something more. I am new to AE so I need some help making it look better.

Please reply if you have any advice on what effects or techniques might make my project better.

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: Need creative guidance, want to make my wife's stomach see-thru
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 12:07:01 am

Maybe Bulge the ultrasound footage with Bulge or reversed Lens distortion.
Use a few copies of the ultrasound footage, with different blurs and different layer transfermodes to make a more intersting comp ?

Can you show a still of how it looks now and say what exactly you think is lacking ?

Return to posts index

turner hallRe: Need creative guidance, want to make my wife's stomach see-thru
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 12:45:23 am

Thanks Filip.

The bulge effect really adds the third dimension feel it was lacking. I used the Multiply blend mode and that made the white (my daughter) of the ultrasound footage the same color as my wife's skin. It looks pretty good now.

I am going to keep tweaking it and I will repost if I have any breakthroughs.

Return to posts index

Jim DodsonRe: Need creative guidance, want to make my wife's stomach see-thru
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 1:01:43 am

Instead of making her stomach completely transparent -- did you try maybe a 10-15% opacity so that it's more like a window than a hole?? -- Just a thought...

Jim Dodson

8 Core Intel -- Mac - OSX

Return to posts index

turner hallRe: Need creative guidance, want to make my wife's stomach see-thru
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 1:33:40 am

Thanks.

I don't know why I hadn't thought about that, if definitely made it look more "realistic".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]