ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Digital artifact effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam gheringDigital artifact effect
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 2:54:09 am

I am trying to create a digital artifact effect in after effects. I coul probably do it with native AE plugins but I have no idea which ones or which combinations. The biggest problem is that I have no reference. I figured there would be a plugin out there for this but they only do television noise which isn't what i am after. I am trying to recreate the digital signal artifacting that comes with a weak or corrupt signal. example:

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it....if I could just get a couple seconds of reference I could probably reproduce it.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Digital artifact effect
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:29:32 am

I'm not able to write a detailed response right now but some things to consider ...

A combination of native AE tools like fractal noise and the ability to lower video resolution can achieve this effect easily.

There are several third-party plugins that do this effect ... not sure I recall specifics, but you might look at DigiEffects.

A search of past COW posts will provide plenty of details on those two options and probably others.

Return to posts index

Scott RobertsRe: Digital artifact effect
by on Aug 15, 2009 at 10:06:54 pm

Try DigiEffects Damage:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved