ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 missing standard plugins

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary StormAE CS4 missing standard plugins
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 8:47:53 am

Hi, have looked all over the web for a solution to this (apart from a total re-install which would take our IT dept days to get around to).

We have AE CS4 installed at work, and I just found out a few standard effects aren't in it (was following an online tutorial). So far I seem to be missing the 'Generate' and the 'Expression Controls' effects. Very strange. I would have thought this may have been the case on a dodgy version, but not the real deal.

Any idea's???

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS4 missing standard plugins
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 2:28:46 pm

Are the plug-in files not in the Plug-ins folder, or are they just not being loaded into the application?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Gary StormRe: AE CS4 missing standard plugins
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 7:39:43 pm

Hi Todd, they are in neither. Strange eh? We have the education versions (as I work for the govt education dept. in Australi). Don't know if that makes a difference. Maybe the IT mob messed up the install (via Radius).

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS4 missing standard plugins
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 11:05:12 pm

It certainly seems that something wasn't installed correctly, then.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]