ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Text Problem... help!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trace Kai3D Text Problem... help!
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 10:06:15 pm

i'm trying to make end credit.
basically, the crawl need to look like a star wars crawl where it appears from bottom of the screen and disappear into the center of the screen. but, i want the closer view credits that come up from the bottom edge of the screen "facing directly to us", then tilt up as it goes up to the center dark area to disappear...

i have made a crawl that's just like star wars, but i just can't figure out how to make it facing towards us when it come up and then tilt as it goes to the center to disappear.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this.

Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Nate HansonRe: 3D Text Problem... help!
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 1:36:41 am

You might be able to create an adjustment layer with one of the distortion effects applied. If create a rectangular mask over the top half of the adjustment layer and then feather it out quite a bit, you might be able to make the text look like it is starting to bend away from the camera halfway up the screen.

Nate Hanson
Pilothouse Films

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: 3D Text Problem... help!
by on Aug 11, 2009 at 1:06:16 am

I've tried doing this by adding per-character 3D and rotating the characters back upwards along the X-axis, then adjusting a range-parameter set to "Ramp Up" indexed LInes, and keyframing that by hand so the letters 'lie down' as they get further from the camera.
But frankly: it looks very weird, as letters start to intersect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved