Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed: 2 GHz
  Number Of Processors: 1
  Total Number Of Cores: 2
  L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
  Memory: 1 GB
  Bus Speed: 800 MHz
It has OS 10.4

I have been trying to make flourishes with the write on effect. Every time I apply the write on effect and try to move along the time line the
I get the swirly rainbow on my mac and the whole thing is frozen. I can press play and the timeline will play the animation and it looks great,
but if I try and manually with my mouse try and move along the timeline the computer freezes. I have been using psd files but tried it jpg and
same thing. I tried changing the composition settings but same thing. Any help would be awesome.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Write On effect causes freeze every time, please help
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 4:02:11 pm

disable opengl for previews by unchecking 'use opengl to accelerate effects' in after effects>preferences>previews settings.

there were a lot of problems running ae7 on intel macs (ae wasn't intel native until ae8, or cs3), including opengl stability, cc effect stability and performance issues...

here's a good thread on using ae7 on intel macs:

from what i remember, disabling opengl, saving often when using any cc effects (cycore effect denoted by 'cc' inthe effect name) and tweaking the ram cache helped a lot. upgrading to cs3 fixed all those issues.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved