ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

render without solid, just transparent

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Balogh
render without solid, just transparent
on Jul 17, 2009 at 1:50:17 pm

So, I am rendering titles with certain effects...I don't want a solid background since I will be importing the titles into premiere over footage, I would like it to have a transparent bground....help? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: render without solid, just transparent
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:09:32 pm

basically you just want to render to a codec that supports an alpha channel (rgba). in the render settings, you'll choose rgba (or rgb + alpha) and you should get transparency in the render where you had transparency in the comp.

you might also want to check out this tutorial for a more thurough explanation:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/straight_vs_premu...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Chris Balogh
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:11:49 pm

basically you just want to render to a codec that supports an alpha channel (rgba). in the render settings, you'll choose rgba (or rgb + alpha) and you should get transparency in the render where you had transparency in the comp.

----when you say render settings you mean the ones in the render queue box, because I don't see anything that would be able to choose rgba?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Kevin Camp
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:17:12 pm

sorry, the settings are actually in the output module settings, not the render settings... click the output module settings in the render queue, there you'll be able to set the render to rgba (as long as the codec you choose supports alpha -- the default 'lossless' codec does).

you'll also, likely want to choose 'straight (unmatted)' vs 'premultiplied' in the settings bellow 'color'.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jobert Monteras
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:14:29 pm

first remove any of your backgrounds, then render it in a format that can carry an alpha like uncompressed avi or quicktime,and image sequences like targa and tiff. got to the output module then at the video output expand channels and select rgb + alpha, go to depth select million + colors or trillions, at color select premultiplied or straight, each one has it's advantages although most people says that straight unmatted is a lot better an is handled better by nle programs puls it doesn't produce fringing on your edges.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]