ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How is this slideshow done?

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Bernhard Oehler
How is this slideshow done?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:13:46 am

Hello guys, who can tell me what is used to create this slideshow. I think it's after effects with a template or maybe a special slideshow software?

http://blip.tv/file/2357802

thanks for your help,

Bernhard

Return to posts index

Jeff Bonano
Re: How is this slideshow done?
on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:22:57 pm

I could see how it could be done using AE, but only if you have patience to piece it all together without a template. This artist may have used a different program, but it's hard to say without talking to him/her. They may have a third party plug-in for some parts and a creative gene for other parts. I myself am only familiar with After Effects and I can see how to do some of the effects. If you don't have anything fancy, you might be able to sit down and key frame the movements while playing with a lot of duplicated layers. My suggestion for that would be using expressions and Null objects for both your multiple layers and camera movements to help from having a cluttered mess.

I'm not sure if this will create the effect you are looking for but Andrew Kramer at Videocopilot.net has a video tutorial on 3D Offset that could shed some light on some of the effects the artist uses.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_offset/

Eran Stern's "Motion Design with After Effects" and "A New Solid" Might also help give you some ideas especially with using 3D images so that you could feel more comfortable in handling 3D images on your own.

And lastly, if you are not familiar with expressions, a book I recommend is "After Effects Expressions" by Marcus Geduld. It's helped me out as well as all the other resources out there when it came to figuring out how to get an expression to work for me.

The only thing I'm not sure at the moment is what method he used for slicing up the pictures. He might have divided them into pieces and added an animator of some sort or an expression/set of expressions to do the work for him.

There are a lot of different effects here. Hope this helps out in your quest!

Jeff Bonano
http://www.bonanoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bernhard Oehler
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:00:12 pm

Thank you Jeff for your detailed reply...

I also can only think of After Effects for these effects but I have a second movie with diferent photos and the same fx. So it should be a template either he made it himself or got it from somewhere.. I thought maybe someone would recognize the effects and tell me "hey, it's made with XYZ dont you see this, newbie?"

still hoping ;)

Bernhard

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:39:19 pm

Just looks to me like careful design and good planning.
I see nothing that would take any of the pieces out of After Effects but I see dozens of carefully constructed 3D precomps. You'll notice that the individual scenes don't last very long.
Splitting and spinning some of those images could have been done relatively easily with Card Dance and CD will talk to a comp camera.

One must wonder if the piece was designed by the photographer, an advertising agency, the store's owner, or the store's owner's significant other. The music suggests it was not done by an agency.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:36:29 pm

It looks like something done on animoto.com

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Bernhard Oehler
on Jul 15, 2009 at 3:12:43 pm

Mark, yes that's it probably! wow thanks so much....

unusual concept but why not... on the other hand I would prefer to have a software and tweak the animations a bit...

anyway, thank you Mark!

Greetings from Germany

Bernhard

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvo
on Jul 15, 2009 at 5:43:18 pm

maybe check out photopresenter by boinx software too. another template based slide-prez software, can use stills or video with it's motion and BG templates, might be mac-only. for certain jobs and budgets it's a time-saver.

http://www.boinx.com/photopresenter/overview/

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jul 16, 2009 at 5:17:04 pm

I still don't see anything you can't do manually with some planning.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Bernhard Oehler
on Jul 16, 2009 at 8:44:17 pm

Yes if the client comes regularly I will make some templates for that style in AE, for now Animoto is ok...

Thanks to all of you guys, great help!

Bernhard

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]