ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to create shredding or shearing effect

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Sean Worsell
How to create shredding or shearing effect
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:09:52 am

I've seen it in films. The effect makes it appear as though a person or thing is being shredded by the wind. As if wind or a force is tearing or shearing away parts of the person. A sort of wraith like, ghostly effect. I've been playing with Particular to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions how to create this effect I'm describing? I believe I something like this in Lord of the Rings.

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
Re: How to create shredding or shearing effect
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:28:54 am

There's a couple of disintegration effect tutorials over at Video co pilot.net

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/disintegration/

hope that's some help, you could also look in to using shatter instead of particualar maybe?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 15, 2009 at 7:30:42 am

As previously mentioned there are some good options at Videocopilot.net.
There's also this tutorial using Wondertouch's ParticleIllusion.
And you could always use the formerly famous text blows away like sand tutorial here at the COW.

Any of these techniques may be what you want. Or you could use them as starting points for your own ideas.
BTW, all of this can be found with quick Google search or two.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sean Worsell
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:30:16 pm

Great advice. Thanks. I'll use the tutorials suggested. Though Creative Cow is a far more effective searching tool than Google. You guys gave me two perfect responses out of two (versus 2 million on Google). :-)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 17, 2009 at 11:39:42 am

I recommend searching using After Effects Community Help search. It is a Google Custom Search Engine that has been constrained to the websites known to reliably contain useful information about Adobe software---including Creative COW and Video Copilot. This is the same search that is used if you search from After Effects Help and uncheck the This Help System Only checkbox.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Sean Worsell
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:21:39 pm

Cool. I didn't know about that.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]