COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Roy Messinger
keyframe for Depth of Field?
on Jul 10, 2009 at 9:15:02 pm

Hi,
I'm modifing Andrew Kramer 'Stay Glassy' project:
http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2008/07/stay-glassy-after-effects/
I want the first picture to be seen for a few seconds wide-on-screen, and then it goes away like the rest of the pictures.
I've succeeded in doing so, the problem is because the 'Depth of field' (=DOF) of the camera is ON, the first picture (the one I modified to be seen on screen at start) is totally blur, because of the focus of DOF. If I turn it off, the first picture looks sharp, but all the rest pictures looks sharp as well, and the focus modifications of DOF is gone.
If I had a keyframe for DOF I would have turn it off for a few seconds, then turn it back on again, but there isn't any.
Can anyone suggest me a way how to solve this?
Hope all understood me...
Roy

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: keyframe for Depth of Field?
on Jul 10, 2009 at 9:56:40 pm

You could keyframe the Aperture property. Decreasing aperture size decreases depth-of-field blur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roy Messinger
on Jul 10, 2009 at 10:03:14 pm

Well, I tried, but I don't see any difference.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jul 12, 2009 at 3:50:45 am

Why not precomp the camera with the depth of field with the layers you want blurred and then animate your sharp layer on top with the same camera settings, just no depth of field turned on. Sometimes simple is best.

Best of luck

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]