ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjusting keyframed animation as though it were bezier curves

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Scott Hathaway
Adjusting keyframed animation as though it were bezier curves
on Jun 24, 2009 at 4:41:56 am

This has become troublesome lately. I'm working with an animation in After Effects that requires that I use the scale keyframe assistant "exponential scale." This creates a series of keyframes between two keyframes in a sloping exponential curve that mimics the look of a zoom lens zooming out over very long distances. In my case I'm doing an Earth zoom, similar to what Andrew Kramer has done on his site (http://www.videocopilot.net). But in my animation I need to slow the zoom down towards the end to about half speed and I need that nice sloping exponential curve to hide the hard jump in animation speed I get when I change the ending keyframes and reapply the exponential scale keyframe assistant. Is there an expression that can manipulate keyframes thusly or should I get back to work doing it the old fashioned way? Thanks everybody

-Scott

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Adjusting keyframed animation as though it were bezier curves
on Jun 24, 2009 at 8:26:58 am

What version of AE are you using? Look in the documentation for information on the Graph Editor. It lets you edit keyframes using (sorta) bezier curves.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Scott Hathaway
Re: Adjusting keyframed animation as though it were bezier curves
on Jun 25, 2009 at 4:04:40 am

I'm on CS3. I'm gonna try slowly expanding the distance between keyframes with roving keyframes and spread them out evenly over the duration of the part I want slowed.

_________

I make movies, not a living.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]