ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Manually Twitch

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Eli Portell
Manually Twitch
on Jun 22, 2009 at 10:07:48 pm

Though I admire Andrew Kramers work and would like to support him by buying Twitch, my budget is just to small for the projects I am working on at the time. I was hoping somebody could give me some insite on these effects that twitch aids you to make. Especially the rgb split, this one is most important?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Manually Twitch
on Jun 22, 2009 at 11:50:20 pm

Basically you'll need to divide the same clip into three separate layers for the 3 color channels and set the top 2 to the 'add' mode. This will add the color channels together to rebuild the original image, with the important difference being that you can now animate each of the color channels separately. You can blur them, move them, scale them, displace them each individually. How you do this is largely determined by the effect you're trying to achieve.

Another suggestion I have is to use the wiggle(f, a) expression, which you can read about in the AE documentation. I suggest that you link the frequency (f) and the amplitude (a) to slider controls so that you can dynamically change the amount of wiggle. The noise() function is good too, but may be harder to understand. I recommend reading the documentation here as well.

Also, instead of duplicating a footage item 3 times to produce the R, G and B layers, consider pre-comping the footage item, then duplicating the pre-comp 3 times. This way you can update the footage item in one place (the pre-comp) and your changes will be reflected in the RGB split composition.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Eli Portell
Re: Manually Twitch
on Jun 23, 2009 at 9:33:40 pm

thank you. i really appreciate it

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]