ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Hi, I need some help with linking..

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Richie Tovell
Hi, I need some help with linking..
on Jun 15, 2009 at 6:28:12 pm

Hi, I need some help with a linking formula.

I want to link the y rotation of one layer to the y rotation of another layer minus 540 degrees, here's the formula that's shown once the y's have been linked using the pickwhip, now how do I include (- 540 degrees) in to this formula?

thisComp.layer("Light Gray Solid 2").effect("Shatter")("Y Rotation")

Also.

I'm trying to create some shapes using shatter but it starts to get complicated once I use the composition camera, I can't really explain but I need to basically rig the camera system in shatter to respond to the orbit tool in the same way it would had I been using a comp camera, don't know if that's possible, I'm guessing I need to use a null but the transform perameters in the null don't change when I adjust it using the orbit tool, so I can't see how I can link all the camera x,y,z, rotations together.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Hi, I need some help with linking..
on Jun 15, 2009 at 6:24:28 pm

For the first part of your question, I believe you should be able to just add -540 to the end of the expression so it reads: thisComp.layer("Light Gray Solid 2").effect("Shatter")("Y Rotation")-540

For the shatter effect check out this tutorial from Andrew Kramer
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/fracture_design/

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
Re: Hi, I need some help with linking..
on Jun 15, 2009 at 8:03:31 pm

Oh, cool. That is simple, I was trying to add it to the begening :D

I'm still downloading the tutorial, I guess even if there is no way to link the orbit tool to shatters camera system, creating a few paths without it isn't going to hurt to much.

Thanks Erik.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]