animating swishes

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Roger Wellard
animating swishes
on May 27, 2009 at 10:14:30 am

Hey guys and girls

ive been wondering about this for a while cant figure it out,

i am trying to animate on swishes and floral patterns like the ones done in this reference vid

:

my guess was to use a gradient brush in photoshop to paint over the image and then use that gradient map with the gradient wipe, but ive had limited success, also tried using a mask path combined with 3d stroke, also no luck

can anyone help??

...please:)

Return to posts index

Joe Laude
Re: animating swishes
on May 27, 2009 at 10:51:09 am

This looks exactly like a tutorial I've seen online somewhere (couldn't tell you where, though). They probably followed that tutorial or something like it for the "draw on" effect and then precomped that, adding 3D motion to them afterwords.

Basically, you take your pre-drawn shape and break it up into smaller, individual "strokes" in Photoshop. You'll notice that some of the thicker chunks don't "draw" in, they just kind of pop out. The lines are easier to do. Animated mask reveals if I had to guess.

Now after that's been done and animated, you can drop your composition into another composition, making it a 3D layer, and animate it around as you like.

Return to posts index

Carl Larsen
on May 27, 2009 at 11:42:39 am

Roger -

Here's what you're looking for:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hansen_jaysen/growing.php

Jayse did an excellent job explaining how to do this in his tutorial.

Carl Larsen

TelescopeMediaGroup.net

Return to posts index

Joe Laude
on May 27, 2009 at 12:05:45 pm

For some reason I was sure I had seen it somewhere outside of Creative Cow and I couldn't find it with Google. That's the tutorial I was talking about.

Return to posts index

Roger Wellard
on May 27, 2009 at 12:43:09 pm

awsome..thanx alot 4 the help

Goodnight and good luck

Return to posts index

Corbin Gross
on May 27, 2009 at 2:59:22 pm

I bet they used the Video Copilot product Evolution. It's a bunch of flourish elements with a revealer tool. It's really cool. Many of those flourishes look just like the ones on Andrew Kramer's promo for the product.
It's pretty freakin' cool, and it's only about $100. Check it out:

videocopilot.net

(I don't work there, I just read the blog)

Corbin Gross
Creative Services
Marketing
SanMar Corp.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]