ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Displacement map plugin/autmation

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Henry Gaunt
Displacement map plugin/autmation
on May 22, 2009 at 12:38:09 am

Hello,

First time here, so don't want to look like a complete idiot.

I would basically like a faster more efficient - or even better - a plugin to help me speed through a large job.

I've edited together a hype video in FCP, I've pulled it into AE to grade and add 'magnifying bars'. (Vertical bars which randomly pass over the footage and enlarge whatever is underneath, good for transitions or hide boring footage!). I know how to add these bars manually, but does anyone know of a plugin, (much like the Twitch plugin) which can automate and randomise this?

I've done some searching but don't exactly know what to search for.

Yup - I sound lazy, but I've got a lot to do on this job, and any shortcuts would help.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Cheers,
Henry.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Displacement map plugin/autmation
on May 22, 2009 at 1:01:10 am

Have a magnified version of the footage and use some particle creating plug-in and make the particles be bars. Use the bars as a track matte for the magnified footage. You could make the bars white on a black background (maybe varying opacities?) and use the luma for a track matte, or just a regular track matte.

Just an idea.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]