ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blut film Title wipe

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
riaan Theron
Blut film Title wipe
on May 20, 2009 at 7:51:41 am

Hi guys

Can any one give me some input on how to recreate this title wipe on this film (around 01:50)
http://www.urbansoul.co.za/Sites/filechute/070705_blutfilm_master_clean_pjp...

thanks
Riaan

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Blut film Title wipe
on May 21, 2009 at 2:18:19 pm

That is an amazing piece of motion graphics work. Of course, a lot of that was done with actual footage of ink and smoke, but you could fake a lot of this with AE too.
There's a tutorial on the cow that's been here for 8 years that should point you in the right direction. http://library.creativecow.net/articles/polevoy_george/flowing_title.php
You would want to animate it differently and use a different kind of layer for your distortion layer (one with more detail), but the tutorial should point you in the right direction.
I used a similar technique for the very end shot on my demo reel. My resume and demo reel graphics all feature a yellow background with blue splatter so I had some text at the end of my reel transition into splatters.
I created two compositions and each one had a layer with some fractal noise. They were at different scales and other things. Do this to taste. For my purposes I made sure nothing was darker than 50% grey by putting a layer at 50% grey set to the blending mode, "Lighten". You may not need that for yours.
I put both of those comps into my main comp. Turned the eyeball off because you don't need to see these.
On my title layers in my main comp I put four instances of the distort>displacement map effect. 1 and 3 were referencing the larger fractal comp while 2 and 4 were referencing the smaller fractal. I tied the max horizontal and max vertical displacements of instances 2, 3, and 4 to the value of the first instance. That way I would only have to keyframe one of them and all the others would follow.
Then I put a blur and sharpen>compound blur that tied the the larger of the fractal layers and keyframed it up from 0.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

riaan Theron
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:37:19 pm

Hey Michael,
Thank you so much for the advice it really helped.
I am still busy on this project and I will post what it looks like as soon as the money is in the bank.
I have to apologize for not getting back to this post sooner,
The tutorial is, .... (What the hell) and then in the end I used a combination of this and the Andrew Kramer's (video Copilot.net) Disintegration tutorial.

But, thanks allot you are the man

Riaan

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 4, 2009 at 2:20:08 pm

Not a problem Riaan. I look forward to seeing your end product. If you have any further questions, we are here.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]