ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lazers in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Walker
Lazers in After Effects
on May 6, 2009 at 5:11:07 am

Hello everyone out there.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent way to build realistic lasers (as in some akin to what you'd see at a rock concert) in AE CS4. Utilizing the already available plug-ins or perhaps any of the wonderful plug-ins I got from Red Giant including the Trapcode suite.

Return to posts index

Elad Menashe
Re: Lazers in After Effects
on May 6, 2009 at 7:41:24 am

This tutorial should do the trick:
http://www.trapcode.com/info_smoke.html

Your logo layer should be a composed of small circles

Elad

Return to posts index

Christopher Walker
on May 6, 2009 at 2:26:04 pm

Well, that's really nice and I think I'll use that for a different aspect of this project, but what I'm looking more for is a fan of lasers that are made out there for light shows at concerts.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on May 6, 2009 at 6:41:53 pm

Google tutorials for the use of CC Light Burst; there are many out there someplace. It's a great way to make a mirrored ball effect with volumetric lights so it can't be too hard to adapt the techniques to create a fan laser effect. Just understand the dust particles are really there, it cannot be obscured by foreground objects with out LOTS of work, and the fan layer, even when converted into a 3D layer, has not dimension.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 12, 2009 at 10:05:59 pm

The beam effect that ships with AE would be an interesting place to start. That or stroking masks... you could use the glow effect on either one to make it more realistic.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great)

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]