ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unique bloom like scratches

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Marcus Leite
Unique bloom like scratches
on Apr 19, 2009 at 7:28:14 pm

Hey there, I been searching for days now and i can't find anything like this or how it would be done. Including on these forms. I am doing a music video and i want to insert just a couple of scratches at key moments. The video has been given a film look and i feel something like these scratches would really sell it.

Link:
http://www.simsdirector.com/vid.php?v=anberlin_godspeed&t=_music

They come in as soon as the vocals start.

Thanks so much.

Marcus Leite

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Unique bloom like scratches
on Apr 20, 2009 at 11:28:16 am

THey look like individual branches from the plants in the video. Then a few keyframes to animate position. The bloom effect looks like a common bloom effect. Ensure that you're working in 32BPC and use a combination of Exposure and Curves/Levels with the Add Blensing Mode.

HTH
RoRK

broadcastGEMs - AEPro Volume 02 (Professional Adobe After Effects Project Files - Now Available).

Adobe After Effects Training in South East Asia.

Return to posts index

Joe Clay
on Apr 20, 2009 at 1:29:30 pm

It's hard to tell which effect you're talking about, but the one I think you're after looks like text from a film leader set to add over the footage with a little bit of glow applied.

Joe Clay

Animator
gra-phix.com

Return to posts index

Marcus Leite
on Apr 20, 2009 at 9:37:44 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I managed to pull off the effect with a simple psd file which i gave a glow in AE. I then added a twitch to it and it looks like the same thing. I don't know how it was done in the video. But a couple of seconds in photoshop with my tablet gave the same results

Marcus Leite

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]