continuously rasterize changing 3d layer animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shane colella
continuously rasterize changing 3d layer animation
on Mar 22, 2009 at 1:27:37 am

Hi out there,
Great forum btw.

I am currently having quite a time working with an .AI file and animating it so it maintains vector crispness.
The first comp, i have a map of the world
(AI) that has two duplicate layers. i animate a mask reveal of a different color on the top layer. continuously rasterize is checked, everything is resolute and no pixelation. When i preComp this, and nest it into another comp and animate a camera around this layer(which is now a 3d layer) i see a heavily pixelated version of my zoomed in AI file that was sharply animated , but not zoomed, in the first comp. At this point i thought, hey ok, i need to click the continious rasterize in the layer holding the first precomp. i do this, and when i click the setting my nice camera work and 3d rotations turn instantly to 2d, and all the 3d stuff is gone.
What is happening here?
are there any specific settings i am missing when dealing with vector files here?
all i want to do is scale back the vector map from like 2000percent and rotate it in 3d space on the y axix, looking like it's sweeping into the scene from behind you then shrinking, but the initial scaled part and closup views are not vector at all, horribley pixelated, whats going on?
Thanks for any assistance and/or directons to figure this out the right way. i'm feeling its just a simple setting i am overlooking.
Any help would be greatly appriciated,.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: continuously rasterize changing 3d layer animation
on Mar 23, 2009 at 2:00:07 am

You need to make the Illustartor layers 3D layers in the precomp also.

Return to posts index

shane colella
on Mar 23, 2009 at 11:05:04 am

That's not it. I had already done that...
I figured it out though. I had another camera in one of the precomps, that was conflicting with my main camera in my main comp. Apparently one can only have one camera in 3d space as one will override the other, thus canceling all your first camera's transformations...
Thanks for your reply nonetheless..

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on Mar 23, 2009 at 3:18:43 pm

Actually,

when you collapse geometries, cameras in the precomps are discarded, they are not part of the geometry, just a view on it.
Only the camera in the final comp determines the view.

Return to posts index

Adam Leverett
on Jun 12, 2019 at 8:40:32 am

That worked for me, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]