ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Demon Face help

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Mark Williams
Demon Face help
on Mar 16, 2009 at 11:14:03 am

Hi all,

Im at the part where you draw a mask around the face, done that bit but where Andrew uses the mask shape to ajust the mask, i dont have that, mine says mask path, not mask shape.. any help would be great..

Mark

Return to posts index

cowcow
Dino Muhic
Re: Demon Face help
on Mar 16, 2009 at 1:17:28 pm

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think Mask Path and Mask Shape should be the same (different After Effect version?)

By the way: there's a Video Copilot forum as well on creativecow.net ;)

Cheers

Return to posts index

Mark Williams
on Mar 16, 2009 at 1:22:59 pm

Hi Dino..

a mask path moves all the mask, where a mask shape only moves parts of the mask, thanks anyway, ill keep looking..

Mark..

Return to posts index

Dino Muhic
on Mar 16, 2009 at 1:50:03 pm

I just rewatched the tutorial. You mean the part at about 17 minutes?
Which After Effects Version are you using? This tutorial was done with AE 7.0.
In 7.0 it is called Mask Shape, in CS3/4 it's called Mask Path but it's the same like I said.

If you use CS3/CS4 make sure you did create a solid and add the mask and did not create a shape layer instead
When selecting the adjustment layer hit M twice to reveal the mask properties. The first propertie is what you are searching for.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Mark Williams
on Mar 16, 2009 at 2:38:44 pm

yer im useing cs4, but i still cant move parts of the mask with the mask path.. not sure what im doing wrong. thanks Dino

Return to posts index

Mark Williams
on Mar 16, 2009 at 3:12:35 pm

i think iv done it, thanks dino.... lol

Return to posts index

Alan Tonn
on Mar 16, 2009 at 7:28:21 pm

Hello

depending on what you click on to select the mask, you may be selecting the whole mask, a point of the mask or 2 points. i have found that if i click on the mask in the layers on the timeline i get the whole mask and the whole thing moves when i click and drag in the preview pane. if i click on the line between 2 points i get the 2 points and the line moves when i drag. if i click away from anything and then go over a point and click i get the point and i can move that to where ever i want and this only affects that point.

be aware that depending on what tool you are on you may also add or delete points. the control and the alt keys will alter the pen tool to do different things as you hold them and click. if you are on the object tool, the arrow, the points are treated as objects, unless you modify your click with the control or alt key.

hope this helps understand what is going on.

Return to posts index

Mark Williams
on Mar 17, 2009 at 6:17:49 am

Hi Alan..

I see what your saying, thanks mate...

Mark.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]