ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

graphics like sugarland stage background??

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Nick Dantonio
graphics like sugarland stage background??
on Feb 8, 2009 at 8:00:58 pm

I'm not really into country music but I caught a performance by Sugarland playing the song "Love" (you can see that performance here:

.)

What caught my eye was the graphics in the background that really didn't come in until about half way through the song. Basically, it looks like sparks falling then the sparks seem to spell out a few words.

I'm looking for a tutorial that can help me achieve a similar effect with sparks (or something) and words. I'm pretty new to After Effects so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some of the movement looks reminds me of some of the things I've seen in Video Copilot's "Speed Particles" tutorial but I'm still looking for some more help.

Thanks...

Return to posts index

Simon Stutts
Re: graphics like sugarland stage background??
on Feb 8, 2009 at 9:47:35 pm

Looks to me like a bunch of particle effects...you've got your "sparks" that drift and fall, your "comets" that woosh down the screen...etc. Play around with CC Particle World and/or Trapcode's Particular (if you have it.)

For the words - you could just create a particle system with alot of particles falling, and then use the layer above it as a "Track Matte" to act like a big stencil over that layer.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]