ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

cc Partical World

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hawkins
cc Partical World
on Jan 12, 2009 at 6:56:39 pm

I have used Particle World a few times, But now I am running into a issue I have not seen before.
I am animating some Particles flowing down the Y axis. I want them to fall in quickly and then slow down to almost a stop.
The issue is when I try to animate this and set key frames on Gravity and Resistance, it wont let me animate.
So to explain further. When the particles are on the screen in my comp and I move, lets say the gravity slider back and forth, I will see the effect of this in real time. But when I set a key frame and then move off the original key frame, the gravity slider will now NOT effect the particals anymore. But If I put the Time Indicator Bar back on the original key frame I can then use the gravity slider and see the changes. this makes animating very very difficult.
SO whats the deal?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: cc Partical World
on Jan 12, 2009 at 8:31:10 pm

maybe try to pre-comp the particle system, then apply time-remapping to slow it down and ease to a stop.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Ben Hawkins
on Jan 12, 2009 at 8:43:46 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try. But would you know the deeper reason of why this happens? I haven't seen it do this 2 me before.

I got the hottest beats and the softest fur.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:06:34 pm

i'm not sure if i'm seeing exactly the same problem here... i'm able to set a keyframe and then move off of it, then drag the value... i do see some change, and it adds a new keyframe.

the one 'oddity' (although i think it is normal for the effect) is that the gravity seems to be set for a given particle at its birth. so as the gravity changes, it changes for each new particle, but the original particles fall at the rate that they were 'born' with... so they don't slow down as the gravity changes... so you may only be able to slow them with time remapping.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Ben Hawkins
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:25:15 pm

Awesome, Thanks for the help!!

I got the hottest beats and the softest fur.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]