ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Graphics in Seattle?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Stutts
Motion Graphics in Seattle?
on Jan 2, 2009 at 3:10:25 am

Hey there, folks.

I'm a motion graphics and graphic design guy, doing some research on production in other cities in preparation for a possible move.

I've been doing research on a few cities that I'm looking at, but was wondering if some people out there on the COW forums could give me some input on what the prospects are for motion graphics work in Seattle.

The research I've done so far tells me that Seattle is more focused on internet and website stuff, rather than video production: is this true?

What's the video production scene like in Seattle? Thriving? Miniscule? Lots of production? Very little?

Thanks - any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Return to posts index

Trevor Stadtmiller
Re: Motion Graphics in Seattle?
on Jan 26, 2009 at 7:40:55 pm

Hey Simon,

Hopefully I'm not too late. Yeah, there is some work here for motion but not much. I'm sure if the economy were in a better place it would be less bleak. Do you love Microsoft? Would you be happy doing corporate videos? If not, I'd keep looking. Microsoft isn't bad to work for, but the projects can become pretty monotonous. I'm thinking about moving to NY, tons of exciting work going on there even in these tough times. Besides, Seattle is not the hip place it once was. Almost everything that was cool about this place ten years ago has been torn down to make room for rich people. It's way overpriced, very boring, surprisingly unfriendly and don't get me started on the weather. However, if I responded too late and you're already here, welcome! Drop me a line and we'll get a beer and talk shop.
Trevor

Return to posts index

Noelle Stransky
Re: Motion Graphics in Seattle?
on Jul 26, 2009 at 6:42:55 pm

Hey Simon,
In a month or so I will be moving to Seattle to check out the motion graphics industry, I currently live in Bellingham so its not that far of a move. I'd love to chat sometime about the industry. Feel free to send me an e-mail and I'll do the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]