ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Nethery
Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB...
on Nov 11, 2008 at 8:52:39 pm

Should I buy a quadro card for After Effects? Or should I put the money into something else. I'm working off of a large and very fast Fibre SAN, have 10Gigs of Ram and a quard core 3.0. Will that graphics card make it as fast as it can go?

Thanx for the input.

Return to posts index

Jan Sherlink
Re: Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB...
on Nov 11, 2008 at 11:32:34 pm

depends on what work you'll do,

using lots of video and cooool plugins, lensflares, particles, deforming and all that stuff...
... extra CPU's would be better.

using nice 2.5D with lots of shapes and stroke with cool pans around funny text animations...
... your Quadro will really help you here, not for rendering, more for creating and previewing.

please use the search function, there are a lot of questions and answers like these in the archives !

cya,

Jan

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Nov 12, 2008 at 6:06:19 pm

Hey Jan thanx for the info. I do a lot of compositing with camera moves. I used to have a quadro card a few years back, but didn't know if it still made a difference. I was really hoping to hear from someone who has this newer card from apple.

I have done a few searches across the forum and didn't seem to find any solid answers... or details as to why some one may have purchased one, or the success that they may have found wile using it.

Thanx a gain Jan for your input... I think I'm going to buy one

Return to posts index

Jan Sherlink
on Nov 13, 2008 at 10:15:50 am

You won't find specific info on that card, but quite a lot on Open-GL in AE.

Some things;
- for rendering: never ! disable it
- for previewing: ok on some comps but the Multiprocessing won't work
- for working: great ! especially with a Quadro

I mostly put Open-GL on "interactive". When working in 3D-space with 50+ objects placed, I'm glad that Open-GL exists. Some of my projects would have been dam'n hard to make without open GL.
When doing compositing, keying, colourgrading,... I just switch of that buggy thing.

cya,

Jan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]