ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How does this guy do it? Insanity.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Ghast
How does this guy do it? Insanity.
on Nov 9, 2008 at 11:58:29 pm

http://www.danielswan.co.uk/

Im looking closely at his videos, and I cant make sense of what he's doing much less what program is capable of doing it. Its like he has some vast library of rotoscoped graphics and animates it in layers, but what is most perplexing is the green screen effect of some live footage which most obviously wasnt shot in front of a green screen. Is that even possible?

Return to posts index

Bill Clotz
Re: How does this guy do it? Insanity.
on Nov 10, 2008 at 1:59:31 am

It looks like he's just using a color key effect on clips that have a uniformly colored sky or ground or whatever.

Return to posts index

David Ghast
on Nov 10, 2008 at 5:39:49 am

Cant you achieve a similar effect by using a multiplier? Ive faintly remember seeing it done before but i forget it your stuff had to have a solid color background. If thats the case, i dont see what the significance in using green/blue is, seems like any color would work.

Return to posts index

Brian Berneker
on Nov 11, 2008 at 4:54:55 am

Looks like he's using mostly green screen and various blend modes.. add, screen etc... very fragmented and chaotic! Kind of inkblot sort of stuff..

I have to say, it's been a very long time since I dropped acid, but I was starting to get pretty tripped out by those videos! I better stop watching before I start seeing trails!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]