ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issue importing Premiere Pro Project into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Knudson
Issue importing Premiere Pro Project into AE
on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:25:36 am

I'm experiencing an annoying issue when importing a .prproj file into After Effects using File->Import. It is importing the clips but only as a single, merged clip, and without the audio. I was hoping it would maintain the clip structure and layers it has on my Premiere Pro timeline.

Adobe's site states the following:

"After Effects preserves the order of clips in the timeline, the footage duration (including all trimmed In and Out points), and marker and transition locations. After Effects bases the arrangement of layers in the Timeline panel on the arrangement of clips in the Adobe Premiere Pro Timeline panel. After Effects adds Adobe Premiere Pro clips to the Timeline panel as layers in the order they appeared—from the bottom up and from left to right—in the Adobe Premiere Pro Timeline panel."

Is there any way I can fix this? What a pain. Some people have told me my only option is to use Dynamic Link. Unfortunately I can't try it because it's only available in "Production Premium". I'm just hoping I can get AE to do what that paragraph above leads me to believe it can

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Greg Knudson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]