ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Technical ?: Apple AE Project to PC AE Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Volzer
Technical ?: Apple AE Project to PC AE Project
on Oct 9, 2008 at 3:37:04 pm

So here's what happened. I was doing special effects for a film me and two of my friends produced. My buddies were cutting it on a mac with avid mojo in Memphis, but I have a pc and now live in DC so to get me the files for the movie I went down to visit and bought a 500GB External Drive and formatted it for a mac. I ended up having to partition it into 4 partitions so the mac would accept the drive. At home I had MacDrive 5 installed on my pc so it saw the drive fine as well. Well everything worked fine until last week when one of the partitions went bad. Now I can plug the drive into a mac at work and it will see the other partitions fine, but if I plug the drive into my pc the system freezes up. So I transferred all the data from the good partitions to a pc formatted external drive thinking that would work, but my pc won't recognize the after effects project files. Is there some way to either transcode the mac ae project files into pc project files or to get my pc to recognize them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]